Please read the instruction manual carefully to understand all the functions of this ultrasonic repellent device. Keep future references.
How does it work?
The Great Outdoors™ Ultrasonic Repellent Device model 512 is equipped with a Solar Panel that will recharge the batteries and a PIR sensor that will trigger the device to emits ultrasonic waves on different frequencies between 13.5KHZ and 45.5KHZ, thereby creating an acoustically hostile environment to force different types of pests & animals to leave their natural habitat.
- Button “Sensitivity” (Right): You can adjust the item sensitivity and distance. By turning clockwise, you increase the range of protection.
- Button “Frequency” (Left): it is used to control frequency. By turning clockwise, the frequency will be increased.
- Button “Frequency” position as below:
- 13.5KHZ-19.5KHZ to repel animals such as mice, rats, dogs, foxes, martens, etc.
- 19.5KHZ-24.5KHZ to repel animals such as cats, raccoons, badgers, skunks, etc.
- 24.5KHZ-45.5KHZ to repel animals such as bats, birds, rodents, etc.
- Strong flashing lights to repel animals such as raccoons, pigs, martens, etc.
- All functions working, sweep frequency from mode 1, mode 2, model 3 and turn on strong flashing.
Assemble and Install
NOTE: Check the ground before installing the device; the frozen or waterlogged ground is not recommended. First, bore or dig a small hole to make room for the device. DO NOT use a hammer or excessive force when installing. Choose a location that gets plenty of sunshine, this will ensure full charging of the batteries and better results.
Remove the battery compartment on the back; Install 3x AA-size rechargeable batteries, and then close the battery compartment (batteries included)
Place the unit pointed towards the area that you want to protect (for example, in the flowerbed or against the wall to protect garbage bin area etc).
The item can be inserted in the ground or mounted against the wall, or you can put the top part directly on a flat surface.
- Infrared sensor angle: 110 degrees
- Detection range: 26-30 feet depending on animals size (the bigger size, the larger range)
- Power supply: solar power +3x AA size rechargeable batteries or 9 V, 200mA adapter (adapter not included).
- If you have a few rainy days or clouds you can charge the item via the adapter.
- When the adapter is plugged in to charge, the repeller is working nonstop. The PIR sensor will start working again when the repeller is unplugged and is running on battery for energy saving reasons.
- We suggest it is better to switch it off while charging.
- Red LED: indicates the unit is activated.
- If the rechargeable batteries are not used for a long time (more than 1 month), the battery’s power may be fully released. It is suggested to charge the batteries 3-5 times to reactivate their full potential.
- If the battery is used for a long time, please replace 3 pieces of 1.2V AA size rechargeable batteries (NiCD or Ni-MH) in the battery compartment. The better quality the batteries are, the better effect the item will have.
- It happens that persons can hear part of their range. So put the device as far as possible from human life place. Do not install the device in children and babies playing around the perimeter.
- Do not cover up the PIR sensor.
- To clean the device, use damp-soft and mild soap with water. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning agents that may damage the device.
Ultrasonic Pest & Animal Deterrent – Solar Powered Deterrent Device – Deer Repellent Fox Repellent – Ultrasonic Repeller for Cats, Dogs, Foxes, Birds, Deer, Squirrels and more. Great Outdoors™ Ultrasonic Animal Repellent with PIR Motion Sensor, Solar Panel, Flash-Light for Boars, Martens etc.
- Ultrasonic Repellent 512$34.75